Marketing any kind of product or service requires some strategy for business growth to happen. Considering the number of competitors you have, making sales may be a difficult job. For this reason, companies all over the world pay millions of dollars to advertise their products.
So, what do you do when you don’t have thousands of dollars to throw at advertising?
Here are 7 simple but effective ways to grow your business marketing:
- Tell a Story: Telling your audience to buy your products is different from selling a solution to your client. Nobody wants to buy a product; they do not understand. However, most people want a solution to their problem and not just a product with a good name and packaging. When marketing your product, talk about the features, facts, and benefits of the product. Tell a story that connects with your audience's emotions and offers a solution. Just like Apple encourages, ensure that you tell your product’s story in memorable ways.
- Maintain brand perception: Product marketing sometimes fails because brands go too far outside their brand’s perception. You must consider your audience carefully before you launch and promote a product.
- Do something Different: Successful brands like Nike, Apple, and Amazon have consistently done what their competitors won’t do. They fearlessly keep raising the bar, promoting their unique selling point in the face of their audience. While marketing, persuade your clients with something new and unique— put emphasis on your product's unique selling point and why it is different from your competitor’s.
- Sell to your existing customers: One of the best ways to increase your revenue is to sell to your existing customers. Profitability in business is all about relevance. It is easier to sell to loyal customers compared to new customers. You don’t need to establish a new relationship with all your customers, instead leverage on existing relationships. Never underestimate the power of a satisfied customer; satisfaction leads to loyalty.
- Leverage content marketing: Content marketing is a great way to market your product. There are endless content opportunities; you can use blogs, ebooks, infographics, social media, videos, or any medium to spread your content. But you must consider the kind of content that will attract your audience. Good content will be an excellent way to get noticed online and grow your online credibility.
- Make a promise that you can deliver: A big promise matters a lot in marketing. It tells the difference to your audience, but you must deliver your promise. Marketing in today’s world is quite different and complex from the past two decades. Today’s consumers read reviews on Amazon and ask for a recommendation on social media. So, making a big promise without delivering will reduce your credibility.
- Fail fast and move on: Failing in business is inevitable. Trying to find a market for your new product can be hectic, but do not be afraid to fail. As much you can apply winning strategies from a successful marketing campaign, it may not guarantee revenue. Before launching a new product, ensure that you study the market and audience. Be ready to fail and move on to a new strategy.
If you want to boost your sales, leverage on winning marketing strategies like the 7 listed above and repurpose them across your platforms. Finally, profitability in business is a process. Don’t be in a hurry for results.
If you love the content you get from Shayo Blooms, recommend it using the social share buttons below. Want to get expert advice about Network Marketing and working from home? Then leave a comment below or contact me for speaking engagements. Don't forget to subscribe to my mailing list.